Chong Ah Kow (Malaysian Harmonicist)
Mr.Chong won the "2nd World Harmonica Contest Championship" which was held in Germany. Mr. Chong was invited to perform at overseas frequently such as China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia and Singapore. These also included "North Korea’s Art Festival". In 1990, Mr. Chong formed Harmonica World Sdn Bhd and he had organized 6 national Harmonica Contests from 1990 onwards. In 1998, he organized the "2nd Asia Pacific Harmonica Festival & Contest". He was also the judge and guest performer for several "Asia Pacific Harmonica Festival and Contest". In 2003, he guided the "460 People Largest Harmonica Performance" in conjunction with Malaysia’s National Day and this event was entered into "The Malaysia Book of Records".
• Become a fan of Mr.Chong Ah Kow on Facebook! • 成為張雅诰先生的粉絲吧！•
- Winning the champion of RTV International Talent Contest in Hong Kong (1971).
- Winning the champion of 2nd World Tremolo Harmonica Competition, German (1989).
- Adjudicator of Honor, workshop speaker and guest performer of the Asia Pacific Harmonica Festival & Contest (APHF) since 1996 to till now. Organizing chairman of the 2nd APHF in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, 1998.
- Awarded the special award for Outstanding Contribution in promoting harmonica by Yasuharu Mano, the President of All Japan Harmonica Federation in 1998.
- Touring nationwide (30 shows)as the guest performer of Cultural Charity Performances in 1990.
- Established Harmonica World Sdn Bhd in 1990. Currently the Managing Director of Harmonica World.
- The organizer of National Harmonica Competition from 1990 to 2006 included Malaysia-Singapore friendly competition.
- Guest performer in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, North and South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, France and Germany.
- Awarded Honor Harmonica Teaching Diploma by Harmonica Art Association Japan (SashuuKai) and was appointed as the President of Sashuukai (Malaysia Branch) in 1990.
- Established magazine specialized in harmonica articles in 1997.
- Guest performer of the 7th World Federation of Chinese Entrepreneurs Cultural Night in Malaysia.
- Organizer of Malaysia-China Harmonica Competition 2004.
- Invited to perform in Fo Guang Shan, Gao Hsiung Taiwan, 2004.
- Guest Performer for Phoenix Satellite TV’s 8th Anniversary Celebration Cultural Night 2004.
- Led a team of 460 players playing the patriotic songs with harmonica in conjunction with the celebration of the 46th Anniversaries of Malaysia’s Independence Day in 31st August 2004.
- Feature writer for Nanyang Siang Pau’s weekly column for 54 weeks in 2004.
- Invited by the Minister of Culture Datuk Rais Yatim to perform in Istana Budaya in 2005. Over thousand invitations as the Guest performer for the Rotary Club, Lions Club, schools, local communities and cultural festivals.
- In 24th July 2005, created a record breaking performance by leading over 7000 audiences playing the world smallest harmonica in seminar.
- Played for a local Malaysian movie production 2006.
- Invited by the Ministry of Culture to perform at University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) Kadazan Night 2006. The performance was live broadcasted by RTM.
- Invented the pentatonic Tremolo Harmonica.
- Organizer of International Harmonica Carnival 2007 in International Show Room, Genting Highland. Over 500 participants from overseas attended the carnival.
We have 6 guests online